(18 May 2011)
May 17, 2011
1. Various of Dan Gorske putting on Big Mac burger hat UPSOUND Applause
2. Gorske taking a bite of his 25,000th Big Mac UPSOUND (English) "It's been seven years since 20,000. Same thing goes this year folks. You can't have the carton and it still takes me 16 bites for me to finish a Big Mac."
3. Close-up burger
4. Gorske signing autographs for children
5. Gorske holding sign marking 25,000th Big Mac
6. Exterior of McDonalds where Gorske ate his 25,000th Big Mac
7. Mid shot of sign
May 16, 2011
8. Gorske showing the Big Macs he has in his freezer at home
9. Close-up of frozen Big Mac
10. SOUNDBITE (English) Don Gorske, Has eaten 25,000 Big Macs:
"When I was 19 years old I had eaten my first thousand Big Macs and I was kind of like, I thought how long before I hit 10,000? Then it was like boy by the time I hit 25,000 I will be old and retired. Well wouldn't you know, I'm not super old, I am 50-something, but I am retired and stuff, but you don't dream of living so long as to reach a milestone like that."
11. Wide pan of Gorske's room that has pictures of him eating Big Macs through the years
12. Mid shot of pictures
13. SOUNDBITE (English) Don Gorske, Has eaten 25,000 Big Macs:
"Now my route for quite a while has been just to buy six on Monday and eight on Thursday. And, like I say, you can come here on Monday after I have been to McDonalds and you can see my Big Macs stacked in the fridge or you can see them stacked in the freezer and then I use them up and then Thursday I go back and buy eight and I'm good for the weekend. So I get my 14-a-week."
14. Stacked Big Mac containers saved over the years by Gorske
15. SOUNDBITE (English) Don Gorske, Has eaten 25,000 Big Macs:
"Well I plan on eating Big Macs until I die."
16. Mid shot of Big Mac containers
17. Close-up of containers
18. SOUNDBITE (English) Don Gorske, Has eaten 25,000 Big Macs:
"She (his wife) says that for me to keep eating Big Macs, when she has to put them in a blender, it's over."
19. Wide exterior of Gorske's house, car parked in driveway
20. Vehicle registration plate reads "Sesame"
A retired prison guard in Wisconsin ate his 25,000th Big Mac on Tuesday, 39 years to the day after eating his first.
Don Gorske was honoured after reaching the meaty milestone during a ceremony at a McDonald's in his hometown of Fond du Lac.
Surely McDonald's most loyal customer, Guinness World Records recognised Gorske's feat three years and 2,000 Big Macs ago, and the 59-year-old says he has no desire to stop.
"I plan on eating Big Macs until I die," he said.
The sign beneath the golden arches on Tuesday read "Congrats Don Gorske 25000 Big Macs."
Before he ate No. 25,000, he showed dozens of onlookers many of the different styles of cartons he has collected over the years and other Big Mac-related stories.
Before biting into the sandwich, he said, "It's been seven years since 20,000. Same thing goes this year folks. You can't have the carton and it still takes me 16 bites for me to finish a Big Mac."
The crowd erupted into applause.
Gorske, who appeared in the 2004 documentary "Super Size Me," which examined the fast food industry, looks nothing like one might expect of a fast food junkie.
He's trim and walks regularly for exercise, and he attributes his build to being "hyperactive."
He said he was recently given a clean bill of health and that his cholesterol is low.
Gorske's obsession with the burger - two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun, for those not familiar with the once-ubiquitous ads - started on May 17, 1972, when he bought three Big Macs to celebrate the purchase of a new car.
You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/870d2d63f39439d31ee949e82484110a
Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
If Don's eaten 1 Big Mac every day for the past 39 years (as of 2015 when this video was posted), how did he go from 25,000th in 2015 to 30,000th in 2018? Someone either doesn't know how to count, or he stepped on the gas pedal and started eating 5 a day between 2015 and 2018.
I'm amazed how he can even get full by eating 2 tiny burgers. Ive been to McD at rare occasions for a bet or two and i can easily easily eat 4-6 of them. Then 1 hours later hungry again. That crap doesn't fill you up. It's garbage that goes straight through your digestive system
Don drinks coke and eats Big Macs, but that’s just about all he consumes. When you calculate how much he intakes, it’s not much more than what the average person consumes in a day. I also read that he works out just about everyday, so that helps too.
The class of drugs that Levitra, Viagra, Stendra, and Cialis belong to are called PDE5 inhibitors. They work by relaxing tight blood vessels, allowing more blood to surge into the penis and cause an erection, says Gregory Bales, M.D., an associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago.
The little pills do the trick for more than two-thirds of men with Viagra protects the heart (ED). They also work for guys who simply need them for a short time to get their “confidence back,” says Michael Eisenberg, M.D., director of male reproductive medicine and surgery at Stanford University.