5 Foods That Boost Nitric Oxide Levels. Brought to you by BochaBeets.
Learn More About BOCHA-BEETS ➢ https://bochasweet.com/product/bocha-beets/
Today, I would like to talk with you about 5 foods that help to boost nitric oxide levels.
Bodybuilders have been obsessed with this performance enhancer for increased muscle growth and improving strength for year.
So to start off!
1. We have dark chocolate. Chocolate is loaded with magnesium and antioxidants which help to increase nitric oxide levels.
A study on Pub Med conducted a 30 g/day consumption of dark chocolate among prehypertension subjects which concluded with increased nitric oxide serum levels and decreased systolic blood pressure after 15 days of treatment.
My recommendation is to opt out on the high-glycemic sweetened chocolates and instead look for zero glycemic sweetened chocolate. If you prefer, make your own chocolate easily in your kitchen.
Here’s a delicious recipe with the same taste as a Reese’s peanut butter cup without the insulin spiking sugars: https://bochasweet.com/almond-butter-fat-bombs/
Let’s move on to….beets.
2. Beets are one of the healthiest foods you should be consuming when it comes to healthy circulation. Rich in antioxidants like iron, magnesium, potassium, and vitamin C
There’s one antioxidant found in beets that stands out that is largely responsible for the NO production. That antioxidant is betalains.
Betalains protect cellular components from oxidant injury which defuses radicals targeting cell membranes.
So, enjoy your beets in salads, juices, or smoothies as part of a key regimen for overall cardiovascular health and as an extra boost for your workouts!
Third, we have Wild Salmon! Actually one of my favorite protein sources, rich in healthy omega 3 fatty acids which are cardio-protective.
3. Salmon is also rich in coenzyme Q10 also known as CoQ10 (coenzyme Q10) plays a central role in the electron transport chain which results in the bodies mitochondria to produce energy.
Very beneficial for heart health which correlates with nitric oxide production.
Not to mention wild salmon is just plain GOOD.
4. Next on our list we have pomegranates. This fruit is abundant in antioxidants.
It is shown to have greater antioxidant capacity than red wine, grape juice, cranberry juice, green tea, or acai juice.
These antioxidants contain impressive anti-inflammatory benefits that can be used to help with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and even some heart conditions.
Our last food falls into the leafy greens category. Which a large variety of leafy greens commonly sold in stores are great for nitric oxide, but one that stands out in popularity for many people is --- spinach!
5. Popeye had it right with spinach for those bulging biceps!
Rich in iron and loaded with antioxidants. The green chlorophyll is alkalizing to the body and great for those green smoothies!
Green vegetables have a high prevalence in the Mediterranean and Japanese diet which is correlated with a low incidence of cardiovascular disease and enhanced longevity.
Well it’s a wrap!!
You now have some awesome nitric oxide boosting foods to add into your arsenal.
Go ahead. Get your N.O. on with these 5 foods!!!
1) The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4425174/#B57-nutrients-07-02801.
2) Effect of dark chocolate on nitric oxide serum levels and blood pressure in prehypertension subjects. Retrieved fromhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22156352.
3.) Pomegranate juice consumption for 3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis reduces common carotid intima-media thickness, blood pressure and LDL oxidation. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15158307.
4) Glycemic Index & Beets. Retrieved from http://www.livestrong.com/article/370347-glycemic-index-beets/.
good video for sure. when it comes to salmon, i was concerned about salmon sushi and was poking around last night about if it is wild or farmed and was surprised to find out that now most farm salmon is almost as healthy as wild. with so many bad reports around 2010 about farmed fish, new regulations came out they cleaned up there act. it is good news considering you do not know at a restaurant, especially sushi and at the store the wild is 2-3x more money.
The class of drugs that Levitra, Viagra, Stendra, and Cialis belong to are called PDE5 inhibitors. They work by relaxing tight blood vessels, allowing more blood to surge into the penis and cause an erection, says Gregory Bales, M.D., an associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago.
The little pills do the trick for more than two-thirds of men with Viagra protects the heart (ED). They also work for guys who simply need them for a short time to get their “confidence back,” says Michael Eisenberg, M.D., director of male reproductive medicine and surgery at Stanford University.