SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA — A pregnant woman in Australia posted a shocking image on Facebook showing the second degree burn she sustained after falling asleep with her charging iPhone 7.
34-year- old Sydney resident Melanie Tan Pelaez was watching movies on her iPhone 7 while it was being charged on Tuesday night, then she fell asleep, news.com.au reported.
The next morning when Pelaez wakes up, she feels pain, pins and needles down her arm, realising she’d been left with an mark of the phone and charger etched into her arm.
Pelaez visited a general practitioner and a hospital, they matched the markings on her arm to the phone and the charger.
Pelaez took the phone to an Apple store. The staff said it wasn’t the phone’s fault since it supposed to shut off if it overheats. And it didn’t smell like an overheated iPhone.
After meeting with the doctors, Pelaez wanted to share her awful experience on Facebook and is afraid the same might happen to someone else.
Pelaez told news.com.au that Apple tried to give her a new iPhone 7, but she declined as she has lost her faith in the tech giant’s smartphone.
Various media have already contacted Apple for comment, Apple said they are now working with Pelaez to investigate the incident.
Welcome to TomoNews, where we animate the most entertaining news on the internets. Come here for an animated look at viral headlines, US news, celebrity gossip, salacious scandals, dumb criminals and much more! Subscribe now for daily news animations that will knock your socks off.
Visit our official website for all the latest, uncensored videos: http://us.tomonews.com
Check out our Android app: http://bit.ly/1rddhCj
Check out our iOS app: http://bit.ly/1gO3z1f
Get top stories delivered to your inbox everyday: http://bit.ly/tomo-newsletter
See a story that should be animated? Tell us about it! Suggest a story here: http://bit.ly/suggest-tomonews
Stay connected with us here:
Twitter @tomonewsus http://www.twitter.com/TomoNewsUS
Instagram @tomonewsus http://instagram.com/tomonewsus
Please watch: "Crying dog breaks the internet’s heart — but this sad dog story has a happy ending"
maybe if she had the cell phone and charger not in her bed and when she felt tired put it on the dresser like duh be smart! and yes ik he says that oh she fell asleep! ah no... if it was burning hot I think it would have awoke you or you like had no sleep for 18 and a half hours
Oh that’s because When ur charging ur iPhone and playing it at the same time the charger gets hotter and hotter , by the time it is fully at a burning state it goes into the iPhone that’s what’s making the burn , it causes the same problem to every other phones , my mum personally says to no charge while play , that’s a lesson taught 👌👌☺️☺️
Actually, this almost happened to me. Two nights ago I charged my phone like normal even though it was at about 68 percent, and when I woke up, it was extremely warm and had the “Too hot” sign on the phone.
They tell you not to charge them inside pockets, under covers or in places with direct sunlight so why would she think it ok to fall asleep next to one? Human bodies are not famous for being cold...
Man, we are heading towards a world where fast food cartoons will have to come with instructions "Remember to chew before swallowing. We mean the food, not the carton."
Sometimes I despair for people.
All phones are like that and sometimes worse I'll explode. Charging while listening on earphones is dangerous too. If a phone is hot you need to let it go for a while and let it cool off. Sometimes my tear drops cuz of it.
The class of drugs that Levitra, Viagra, Stendra, and Cialis belong to are called PDE5 inhibitors. They work by relaxing tight blood vessels, allowing more blood to surge into the penis and cause an erection, says Gregory Bales, M.D., an associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago.
The little pills do the trick for more than two-thirds of men with Viagra protects the heart (ED). They also work for guys who simply need them for a short time to get their “confidence back,” says Michael Eisenberg, M.D., director of male reproductive medicine and surgery at Stanford University.