The Supreme Court will announce in its verdict on Wednesday on who is the administrative power of Delhi. This shall bring the prolonged tussle between the state government and the Centre to rest. The apex court will today pronounce a crucial verdict on a batch of appeals filed by the Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government challenging the Delhi High Court's order holding the Lieutenant Governor (LG) as the administrative head of the national capital.
The verdict shall be announced at 10:30 am today as the national capital continues to witness the constant scuffle between the Chief Minister and the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi.
A five-judge constitution bench of the apex court will pronounce the verdict on the Centre-Delhi melee, the hearing for which had commenced on November 2 last year and had continued till December 6. The bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra had then reserved its verdict on the last day of the hearing.
It is expected that after today's verdict, the roles and powers of the state government and those of the LG will be defined distinctly.
What is the matter all about
• In August 2016, Delhi High Court had ruled that the decisions in Delhi can be taken only after being approved by the Lieutenant Governor, who functions as the Centre’s representative in the Union Territory.
• Delhi government under Aam Admi party had then approached the Supreme Court challenging the high court’s verdict.
• The AAP government had argued before the apex court bench that it possessed both the legislative and executive powers.
• AAP dispensation had said that the chief minister and the council of ministers had the legislative power to make laws as well as the executive authority to enforce the enacted statutes.
• The AAP government had argued that the LG has been taking many executive decisions and a "harmonious interpretation" of Article 239AA of the Constitution was needed to fulfil the constitutional mandate for a democratically-elected Delhi government. The article deals with power and status of Delhi.
• The Centre had contended before the bench that Delhi government cannot have the "exclusive" executive powers as it would be against national interests and referred to the 1989 Balakrishnan committee report that had dealt with the reasons for not granting the status of a state to Delhi.
• It had also argued that several "illegal" notifications were issued by the Delhi government and they were challenged in the high court.
• The Centre had referred to the Constitution, the 1991 Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Act and the Transaction of Business of the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi Rules to drive home the point that the President, the union government and the LG had supremacy over city dispensation in administering the national capital.
• On the other hand, the Delhi government had accused the LG of making a "mockery of democracy", saying he was either taking decisions of an elected government or substituting them without having any power.
To Subscribe our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/abpnewstv
ABP News is a news hub which provides you with the comprehensive up-to-date news coverage from all over India and World. Get the latest top stories, current affairs, sports, business, entertainment, politics, astrology, spirituality, and many more here only on ABP News.
ABP News is a popular Hindi News Channel made its debut as STAR News in March 2004 and was rebranded to ABP News from 1st June 2012.
The vision of the channel is 'Aapko Rakhe Aagey' -the promise of keeping each individual ahead and informed. ABP News is best defined as a responsible channel with a fair and balanced approach that combines prompt reporting with insightful analysis of news and current affairs.
ABP News maintains the repute of being a people's channel. Its cutting-edge formats, state-of-the-art newsrooms commands the attention of 48 million Indians weekly.
Watch Live on http://abpnews.abplive.in/live-tv
ABP Hindi: http://abpnews.abplive.in/
ABP English: http://www.abplive.in/
Download ABP App for Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/abp-live-abp-news-abp-ananda/id811114904?mt=8
Download ABP App for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winit.starnews.hin&hl=en
Social Media Handles:
Facebook ABP News (English): https://www.facebook.com/abplive/?ref=br_rs
मध्यप्रदेश का एक गरीब परिवार का बालक पुष्पेंद्र(ऋषि) सिलावट जो कि दलित वर्ग से आता है ये बालक लीवर की गंभीर बीमारी से ग्रसित है हर तरह के प्रयास किये जा रहे है इसको बचाने के लिए अभी गाँव के लोगो ने कुछ चंदा इकट्ठा करके उसको भोपाल के एक अस्पताल में भर्ती करा दिया है
सरकारी मदद भी मिल सकती है लेकिन इसके पास अब इतना समय नही है कि वो सरकारी मदद का इंतजार कर सके दिल्ली के सिवा और आसपास कहि भी लीवर ट्रांसप्लांट नही होता
क्या इस भारतभूमि पर ऐसा कोई भामाशाह कोई ऐसा नेता कोई ऐसा मंत्री कोई ऐसा वीर है जो इस बालक की करुण पुकार सुन ले और उसकी माँ के इकलौते सहारे को बचा सके अगर हो तो आगे आये और एक गरीब असहाय बालक की मदद करे
फ़ोन नंबर - 8319526365(घनश्याम)
Ek tho public ko malum nahin hain ki cm ko file lg k pass bej ni nahi hoti hain per ye darma king Kerjwal only Darma kar tha hai Kerjwal ko public samj gyi hain ab ki bhar Modi ji ki Sarkar hogi dek na
The difference between Kejriwal Supporter and Modi Supporter is that Kejriwal Supporters are not blindly following Kejriwal. They constantly question his work, appreciate them, criticize his decisions. That is the real democracy. But on the other hand Modi supporters are blind and staunch which is dangerous for democracy.
Vo last wala gandu kya bol RHA hai ,damage to bjp ne kiya hai.....
Kejriwal ne actual me kaam kiya hai...... Khud hi dekho
Sab control me hai
Phale ki govt or ab me bhut farak hai.......
The issue is such that two of the premier courts took time as well as gave different interpretations to the tussle !!
And here we have Abp news ppl asking common.public " Yahan kiski chalni chahiye "
God bless our level of journalism !!
Love kejriwal but he needs to stick to Delhi,prove he's good and then jump ship to national level politics,even a seasoned politician like modi took 3 CM terms and proved his mettle in Guj before national politics.
Avi v waqt hai feku sudhar jaa nahi to agali bar satta ka nasha utar jayega.black money, corruption, employment, development, education, jaise mudde ko chhorkar sirf Hindu- Muslim krta hai.tu ne jitne waade kiye the us se to muslim to dur ki bat ab hindu bhai v teri fekugiri se aajiz hain
The class of drugs that Levitra, Viagra, Stendra, and Cialis belong to are called PDE5 inhibitors. They work by relaxing tight blood vessels, allowing more blood to surge into the penis and cause an erection, says Gregory Bales, M.D., an associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago.
The little pills do the trick for more than two-thirds of men with Viagra protects the heart (ED). They also work for guys who simply need them for a short time to get their “confidence back,” says Michael Eisenberg, M.D., director of male reproductive medicine and surgery at Stanford University.