In this video, Dave talks about the Florassist Oral Hygiene and Florassist Throat Health products, which are specialized probiotic formulae used in clinical practice to improve oral microbiome ecology.
They’re great products – good for kids, too - and come highly recommended if you're experiencing chronic oral, sinus and middle ear infections (otitis media). Florassist does not treat these infections, but with extended use, may help in preventing them (see the literature cited below).
Use of supplements such as Florassist does not replace the recommendations of a licensed physician. Always check with your physician or healthcare provider before using this product.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Florassist is a very interesting group of products, which contain specific probiotic strains that have been studied for their ability to improve oral ecology and (possibly) prevent certain infections.
- The Florassist lozenges are designed to dissolve in the mouth (ideally under the tongue) and release their probiotic cargo into the oral cavity and throat.
- Florassist Oral Hygiene contains Streptococcus salivarius M18, also known as BLIS M18® and Lactobacillus plantarum L-137.
- Florassist Throat Health contains Streptococcus salivarius K12, also known as BLIS K12®.
- In clinical trials, it has been demonstrated that K12 and M18 may help to reduce the incidence of throat infections (sore throats), and potentially reduce the occurrence of rhinitis, flu, laryngitis, acute otitis media (earache) and enteritis (GI infections).
You can read about some of the studies at these links:
DRAWBACKS and CAUTIONS
- Florassist products have a very good safety record in our practice, and clients are generally very pleased with their outcomes.
- However, like any other supplement, individual responses may vary and you should not use this product if you know you have allergies to any of its ingredients. Check the ingredients before you use the products.
- In particular, it is important to take great care when holding the lozenges in the mouth. Parents should watch their children closely to ensure any risk of choking is minimized.
- Be sure to consult a licensed physician if you are unsure whether this product is right for you.
Get a 10% discount on Florassist (UK and Europe)
Check these links for additional purchase options
VISIT DAVE’S FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE SITE: http://davehompes.com
Dave Hompes is a nutrition, lifestyle and functional medicine coach, who specializes in digestive wellness, energy, mood and chronic pain improvement using natural methods. His private practice is located in Leeds, UK, where he partners closely with Dr. James Walker to provide a unique integrative medicine service. Their patients include new moms, children, executives, celebrities, professional athletes and other clients from all walks of life. Dave is the author of “The H. Pylori Diet”, “The H. Pylori Diet Recipe and Cookbook”, H. Pylori: From Heartburn to Heart Attacks, What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Parasites”, and “How to Beat Heartburn & GERD Naturally”. He trains nutritionists, chiropractors, osteopaths, physicians and allied healthcare practitioners in his methods. He is an avid researcher and has previously lectured at leading UK Universities, as well as being hired to speak by numerous healthcare companies.
Dave Hompes and his team do not diagnose, treat or prevent any medical conditions; instead they teach and help people to improve wellness and avoid health problems. The team works alongside clients’ physicians, ensuring an optimal level of conventional and natural health care.
This video is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment, or services to you or to any other individual. Through our videos, blog posts, website information, we provide suggestions for you and your doctor to research, and we provide general information for educational purposes only. The information provided in this video or site, or through linkages to other third party websites, is not a substitute for medical or professional care, and you should not use the information in place of a visit, call consultation or the advice of your physician or other healthcare provider. Health For The People Ltd or Dave Hompes M.Sc. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.