Medical Director, Dr. Timothy Sigman has close to 20 years of experience practicing medicine. One of the first physicians practicing PRP therapy in south Florida, he has trained and worked across the United States and has helped hundreds of patients with platelet rich plasma therapy. His extensive knowledge and expertise makes him one of the most sought physicians in the country, having treated police, military, professional and collegiate athletes. We perform PRP for orthopedic sports injuries, facial rejuvenation and PRP for hair restoration.
What is PRP?
Platelet rich plasma, also called as "PRP", is a procure where a patient’s blood is drawn and then spun and separated using a centrifuge, thus producing a concentration of platelets above the normal levels that would be found in the blood. Platelets are the cells that cause the clotting of our blood, but they also possess tremendous potential in enhancing the rapid healing of muscles, tendons, and ligaments in patients who may have aggravated injuries sustained during physical activity. There are many Studies that suggest that the growth factors which are released by platelets, may help improve and speed up the repairing of tissue, and accelerate the healing process by adding a higher concentration of growth factors and cytokines by creating a PRP sample.
What conditions does PRP help?
PRP therapy works best for chronic ligament and tendon sprains and strains that have not benefitted from other treatments, but we have seen tremendous progress and results in other conditions such as:
• Lumbar spine disc pain
• Rotator cuff injuries, including partial-thickness
• Shoulder pain and instability
• Tennis and golfer’s elbow
• Hamstring and hip strains
• Knee sprains and instability
• Patellofemoral syndrome and patellar tendonitis
• Ankle sprains
• Achilles tendonitis & plantar fasciitis
• Knee, hip, and other joint osteoarthritis
• Nerve entrapment syndromes, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• (SI) joint dysfunction and pain
• Lumbar and cervical facet dysfunction and pain
Also, PRP has been shown to be effective for many cases of osteoarthritis by stimulating healing of cartilage and reducing pain and disability. which includes:
• Knee arthritis
• Hip joint arthritis
• Shoulder arthritis
• Ankle arthritis
• It has even been successfully used to treat hair loss and has regrown facial skin cells by stimulating both hair follicles and collagen producing cells as well. Some people refer to this as the vampire face lift. Whatever term you use, the success is remarkable.
PRP treatment in Palm Beach County, Florida in Palm Beach Gardens
South Florida Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy in West Palm Beach
PRP treatment in Palm Beach County, Florida in Jupiter